Have you heard of the lesson jams?
If your answer is no, let me catch you up! They are:
FREE online sessions that take place once/twice a month.
A great opportunity to meet and talk to other educators face to screen!
A community of practice. A network of teachers who learn from each other.
I organized and ran these sessions for 4 months, with the help of these 4 amazing teachers and regular jammers: Lina, Vicky, Chris and Liza.
So what do you need to do?
- You are asked to bring along a lesson idea or activity.
2. You’ll form the perfect ‘band’ by being teamed up with 3 teachers in a breakout room.
3. Each teacher then has around 6 minutes to present their idea, 3 minutes to get quick feedback from their peers and 6 minutes to chat & expand on the feedback .
The lesson jams are a great way to practise your presentation and feedback skills! You will also get to practise using Jamboard , a tool which can be very useful in online classes.
We’ve run 14 jam sessions so far!
I’ve made some new friends. I’ve saved tons of materials in my TEFL drive. I’ve been inspired to try new things in class. In short, I’ve benefitted in so many ways!
After the session, we collected all the lesson plans/activities shared and published a summary.
Here are the all the summaries we’ve published so far. More than 100 lesson ideas shared by teachers!
Here’s a video that I hope will answer all your questions!
Keep an eye out for lesson jam updates on Freeed.
Follow the lesson jam team here:
- Lina on twitter and Side Notes on ELT
- Vicky on twitter, LinkedIn and Telegram
- Liza on Linkedin and Freeed
- Rachel on twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and of course The TEFL Zone!