I’m a huge word maze fan. They’re a cool tool for practising pronunciation features, such as:
- Word stress
- Individual sounds
- pronunciation of -ed endings.
In this post, I’m just going to quickly share 3 excellent websites where you can download ready-to-use word mazes, as well as a template I’ve made.
- ESLgames : Lots of downloadable mazes here to practise:
- two syllable word stress
- three syllable character traits word stress
- four syllable word stress
- five syllable word stress
2. Another great word stress maze here : https://www.lessonplansdigger.com/2015/06/11/word-stress-maze-pronunciation-game/
3. If you’re teaching Spanish students, here’s a fantastic maze created and shared by Mark Hancock. Students have to identify words with the stress on the first syllable.
Mark Hancock has also shared printable templates in his post Pronunciation: muscle, mind, meaning, memory. Grab them and create your own mazes!
Here’s a template I’ve made for my online classes. That’s what it looks like. ⬇️
Not even close to perfection, as I have little time these days 😇.. but it’s yours if you want it! Make your own copy here.
Feel free to share more links in the comments. Did I mention I love mazes? 😃