The end of the school year is almost here! I don’t know about you but I’m really looking forward to it! This year has been quite challenging for both students and teachers!
Are you looking for interesting, no-prep activities for your last week of classes?
Why not use song-based lesson plans for a fun school year end? 🙂
1. These are the ones I created this semester, based on top trending songs. They include both language and skills practice.
2. Márcia Mars Bonfim has created 18 brilliant song-based lesson plans for B2 exam practice! You can find them all here:
3. Cristina Cabal has also shared lots of song worksheets on her blog:
4. Cool English, which is an amazing site, has created song clips you can use (as sentence dictations or gap-fill tasks) at the start/end of class.
5. ISLcollective is a website where teachers, myself included, share all kinds of resources. You can find a huge collection of song worksheets here :
6. On the same page ELT has shared really cool song-based games/puzzles. You can find them here:
7. Neal Hocking has created a fantastic lesson plan based on “Sunscreen”.
I’ve also created 13 mini audio tracks in case you want to approach the song verse by verse, as it’s about 7 minutes long! Here is the link to the audio files:
8. Keep it simple has made an excellent Beatles treasure hunt which my students loved. Click here:
9. Last but not least, check out liveworksheets. Just choose the song worksheet you like, copy the link and share it with your students. No downloads, no hustle.
A big shout out goes out to all of you Tefl-ers around the world who share your materials!