The end of the school year is almost here! I don’t know about you but I’m really looking forward to it! This year has been quite challenging for both students and teachers!
Are you looking for interesting, no-prep activities for your last week of classes?
Why not use song-based lesson plans for a fun school year end? 🙂
1. These are the ones I created this semester, based on top trending songs. They include both language and skills practice.
2. Márcia Mars Bonfim has created 18 brilliant song-based lesson plans for B2 exam practice! You can find them all here:
3. Cristina Cabal has also shared lots of song worksheets on her blog:
4. Cool English, which is an amazing site, has created song clips you can use (as sentence dictations or gap-fill tasks) at the start/end of class.
5. ISLcollective is a website where teachers, myself included, share all kinds of resources. You can find a huge collection of song worksheets here :
6. On the same page ELT has the most creative song-based games/puzzles. You can find them here:
7. Check out Neal Hocking’s fantastic lesson plan based on “Sunscreen”.
I’ve also created 13 mini audio tracks in case you want to approach the song verse by verse, as it’s about 7 minutes long! Here is the link to the audio files:
8. Keep it simple has made an excellent Beatles treasure hunt which my students loved. Click here:
9. Last but not least, check out liveworksheets. Just choose the song worksheet you like, copy the link and share it with your students. No downloads, no hustle.
A big shout out to all of you Tefl-ers around the world who share your materials!